Perspective

Perspective

Hello, guys. It’s been a while; I wonder if you’ve missed me.

Something has been running through my mind lately, and I decided to share it with you. Let’s talk about perspectives.

Everything in life is all about perspective. Where you stand and see an object as a dog, another person would see a goat from another angle and you both would be right and wrong at the same time.

Let’s apply this logic to certain real-life situations. We must be very familiar with the trending discussion on social media, if it was right for a man to sponsor a woman who he hasn’t married through school. Paying her tuition, allowances here and there, and whatnot.

Like I stated earlier, everything is about perspective. It just depends where you’re looking at it from, and how you’re looking at it.

Here’s my unbiased view on everything.

First off, truly, a man is not meant to pay the tuition of a woman that isn’t his blood relative or wife.

Hold on…stay with me. It gets interesting.

Why shouldn’t he?

Because he isn’t her father. This is one way to look at it. There’s another way. Remember, perspective.

There is nothing wrong in sponsoring an individual if you are willing and have the financial capability to do so. Where it is wrong is doing those things with the hope that after it all, she would marry you.

I hate to break it to you, just because you sponsored her though school, doesn’t mean she must marry you. It doesn’t give you any right over her.

This is another way to look at it.

Both sides are wrong, and right at the same time if you look in from their angles.

If you want to marry a woman after she graduates, you have to communicate your thoughts.

“I love you. I want to marry you, and I’m willing to wait till you graduate. I also want to pay all your expenses during that time frame. Is this what you want?”

Discussions like this would save both parties unnecessary heartbreak. Make sure you’re on the same page.

As a woman, you know when a man is interested in you. You don’t spend a certain amount of money on someone if you don’t want something in return. You don’t spend hours on the phone if they aren’t interested in you.

So, you accepting their presents and other monetary gifts while fully aware of the fact that what they want isn’t platonic. You let them continue with the sacrifice. After all you didn’t ask them to do it. That’s manipulative.

Some gifts require that you ask questions. When you don’t ask them, you’re just as guilty sis. But then again, you didn’t say anything about your intentions, so, at the same time, she isn’t wrong for accepting your gifts. One thing I would never ask a girl to do is assume. You better speak up.

Let’s not also forget the fact that a lot of parents struggle to pay the tuition of their kids. If I see someone who is willing to take that burden off of my parents, and even such that I can send home a few coins, I will take it. As far as I am concerned, you’re just giving out of goodwill. But at the end of the day, you come out feeling cheated. You would both be right and wrong.

All these are different thought processes. To be on the safe side, communicate your intentions. Your opinions and criticisms are highly valued, so let me know what you think in the comment section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LET’S TALK ABOUT SEX.

Dear Journal...(2)

The struggle of parents.